Hometown....

I was born in the early 1960s in Wickersley, near Rotherham.
I went to Northfield Lane Infants and Junior School, living a few hundred yards away on Warren Road.
I then attended Wickersley High School, or Comprehensive as it was also called.
When I was about 13, I moved to a house on Bawtry Road, near to the XL Fish and Chip shop at the end of the Tanyard. I lived there until I graduated, qualified as a teacher and moved away for work.
A Community Plan has been put together for my old village, and it's interesting to read it from the perspective of someone who has been away for some time...

There is a wealth of information here, and I wonder how many villages have such detailed documents hidden away online somewhere waiting to be found.
Does your community have a plan ?

Comments