Some... or all ?

One of the things I've noticed very quickly in my new job is that it gives me time to do something precious... THINK !
I have often been guilty of seeing SPEED as a benefit, and certainly the rise of social networking and online technologies has allowed us to create and share VERY quickly, sometimes at the risk of being indiscreet (ooops, I didn't mean to press the SEND button then...)

...

I was interested in this blog post at the DANGEROUSLY IRRELEVANT blog of Dr. Scott McLeod, which looked at the use of digital learning technologies by teachers...
Was interested in a comment on the blog post by someone called Audrey:

What we need are programs that are coherent and thoughtful. If the content is poor, the fact that it is online is a big SO WHAT. Creating opportunities, establishing multi-year plans, building on the best that has come before rather than rushed out the door driven only by the thrill of the new. I'd like to see more HOW and WHY and less WHEN in the dialogue.

So far, it's clear that the Geographical Association does take the time to think very carefully about the projects that it is involved with. I have been in quite a few meetings already, and taken part in e-mail exchanges which demonstrate that there is a lot of thinking before acting.

As an example, here's a THINK PIECE by David Lambert from the Geographical Association's website, which looks at the nature and purpose of geography.

Comments