News from the RGS

Got my RGS AGM documents today.
Some great news that Graham Goldup, who I have been involved with in a number of ways over the years, has won the award that I was (ahem) awarded last year: the Ordnance Survey award "for excellence in geography teaching in secondary education"...

The other winner of the Ordnance Survey award for this year is Becky Kitchen, who is Head of Geography at Aylesbury School, Buckinghamshire. She is a CGeog, and has had articles published in Teaching Geography.

Well done to both ! I know they'll have a great evening on the 1st of June. Plenty of wine to be had at the Reception...

There are some other interesting awards and changes of roles, with Sir Gordon Conway stepping down as President to be replaced by a familiar name...

You can read the 2008 REVIEW by following the link (PDF) : I feature on p. 14...

Comments