RGS-IBG


Image by Alan Parkinson

Down to London on the (very) early train this morning for an event at the Royal Geographical Society, which was based on GCSE and the new Polar resources that are now complete over at DISCOVERING THE ARCTIC.
It was also a chance to meet up with a whole host of familiar faces, some of whom I knew would be there, and others that I didn't.
The day began with a chance to network. Took along some GA materials, and good to talk to
some of the 80 delegates, plus exhibitors such as the Ordnance Survey, and the 'Approachable, Available & Accountable' Jon Wolton from Edexcel, plus Dave Holmes.

There was a keynote from David Gardner of QCDA, who talked about assessment, including a few nice ideas I hadn't considered before, but will make it into some forthcoming sessions I am preparing...
Also took the chance to pick up the latest issue of GEOGRAPHICAL MAGAZINE which had a good article by Dan Box on the Sinking Lands. I have blogged about Dan before, and am delighted that he is going to be speaking at the GA Conference 2010.

One slightly downbeat note was that one of the teachers walked off with a copy of my Toolkit book. If you find it in your pack when you get home, please let me have it back :)

Comments