EFL Showcase 2013

Last year, I attended the Enhancing Fieldwork Learning Showcase event at Preston Montford near Shrewsbury. It brought together 30 people from different backgrounds: academics, teachers and other interested people, to talk about technology and innovation in fieldwork. I learnt a lot of new stuff, as there were lots of non-geographers there.

Here are some pictures that I took at the event. I talked about Mission:Explore and guerrilla geography.



The date for the next event has been announced, and it will take place at the Field Studies Council's centre at Rhyd-y-Creuau at Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia. It's been a while since I last went to Betws.... the last time was with my good friend Simon Hathaway for a day on Moel Siabod.
There is a limited number of places available. The event is free, but no transport costs will be paid. A small number of travel bursaries are however available for early career practitioners.
Places will fill up quickly.

I may see you there :)

Comments