VITAL Handover & end of another era...

Since October 2011, I have been managing the VITAL Geography Portal.

Vital was a CPD service organised in association with the Open University. It involved a range of subject portals and other services for teachers, including a roster of consultants, of which I was also one, and online meetings called Teachshares.
This opportunity came at the perfect time for me, as it provided a regular small income at a time when I had just gone freelance having been made redundant from the Geographical Association.
It was also an opportunity that I would not have known about without Twitter.

The service was extended through to the end of March 2013, and today is the changeover to JISC Advance, who are taking over the portals, and the end of my work for VITAL.

I'll update this post with the link to the new portal page once they go live.

You will be able to get free access to the hundreds of resources that I created, but you'll need to register. Those who had previously registered for VITAL may need to re-register.


Comments