Ready for SAGT13

I had a shock earlier...
Went to finalise my presentation for SAGT and discovered that I'd saved a blank presentation over it... goodbye to the images and research and thoughts that I'd put down over the last few months...
So, I had to start again.
Inevitably this meant a slight change in direction and I went back to my original notes that I'd made and found I'd taken a bit of a tangent...

Adding in some new sections based on the original idea, which was taken from 2 books:
'The Old Ways' - Robert MacFarlane
'The Living Mountain - Nan Shepherd

It makes use of DIGIMAP FOR SCHOOLS with a new resource on the Cairngorms.

Will also be showing KML download from searches on GEOGRAPH to have geo-located images in Google Earth.
Also a quick mention for an idea from Noel Jenkins which may get squeezed in: grabbing a mountain with SketchUp and adding some models...

Creating Virtual landscapes in Google Earth and SketchUp.doc

When I receive the Joy Tivy Education medal from the RSGS at the conference (did I mention that recently) it will be partly because of the work of Noel and others that I'm able to be there...

Comments