The end of a fieldwork technique...

When I was doing my 'A' level Geography, one of the things I did was wander around various car parks in Scarborough.
I was investigating the tax discs and noting where the cars that were parked there were taxed. The Post Office where the tax had been paid was stamped onto the disc at the time.
This technique has had to go through some changes after the arrival of postal discs which could be applied for online. This meant that the location wasn't printed on the disc.

There are also some issues with cars that were second hand of course - my car has a York registration as I bought it from there.

Now the tax disc is disappearing...

So, use the method while you can... it won't be (a)round for long....

Image shared on Flickr under Creative Commons License
Thanks to Brian Wotherspoon (Brian Digital) for sharing...

Comments