A brand new exciting resources website created for geography teachers by Discover the World Education and the Geographical Association to be launched by April 14th.
The site will be developed over the coming years. Initially, we will be offering you resources relating to Iceland. Later in 2014 you will find material on Norway, Azores and China. In early 2015 we plan to develop resources relating to Italy and beyond.
It doesn’t stop there; other benefits and features include:
- Free access for teaching professionals
- Opportunity to share your own resources and to receive payment for your work.
- Enter your students into the Outstanding Geography Student Award to be in with a chance of winning a school trip abroad.
- Regular geographical news feeds and geography debates relating to Discover the World Education destinations.
- Information on free and discounted continuous professional development courses for teachers.
- Teacher forum allowing you to share ideas, ask questions and make suggestions on existing and future resources.
- Opportunity to win a trip to Iceland for the best teacher contributions.
- Includes the multi award winning Discover the World Education study aids featuring Eyjafjallajokull, Solheimajokull and tourism in Hardanger, Norway.
- Includes the award winning Mission:Explore Iceland resources