RGS Awards 2014

Every year, about this time, I look to see who is going to be receiving awards from the Royal Geographical Society. They are presented as part of the AGM in June.

In 2008, I was fortunate and honoured to receive the Ordnance Survey award for my geography teaching, which has been presented to fantastic colleagues before and since. I'm looking at it now, next to my desk...

This year, there are some really interesting recipients of awards, which include a Patron's Medal for Hans Rosling, and the Ness Award for Nick Crane.
There is also the Geographical Award for Jamie Buchanan Dunlop, which is great news, as he has done so much to support expedition work.
Finally, this year's winners of the OS Award are (the mighty) Simon Oakes and Elizabeth Phipson - well done indeed!
Well done to all the other award winners too of course.

Image: Alan Parkinson - 'the Boss'....

Comments