RGS-IBG Awards

I'm always interested to see who receives the annual RGS-IBG awards.
There are always some worthy winners, and plenty of familiar names. A few years ago now, I was lucky enough to be awarded one of the most prestigious awards that a geography teacher can receive: the Ordnance Survey award for excellence in secondary geography teaching.
This year's winners have now been announced.

Good to see Andrew Emms and Raphael Heath getting awards. I had the great pleasure of moderating the Centre of Excellence application from Andrew's school last summer and it was one of the best (if not the best) application I've seen in the last six years of doing the job. I also took part in the World GIS Record attempt that was co-ordinated and driven by Raphael.
Other medal winners include Gill Valentine (who was one of the main influences for the Young People's Geographies), writer Robert MacFarlane, photographer Sebastiao Salgado and, most significantly for me Professor David Lambert.

Well done to all the award winners and nominees....

Comments