Somme100

I'd really like to have seen the #wearehere soldiers who appeared at numerous locations across the country earlier in the week. I sat quietly and listened to the silence on Radio 2, which was ended by  the shrill whistles which signalled the command for so many to go 'over the top' and walk a few paces to their deaths on a day when thousands died. They were a wonderful 'site specific artwork', and very short lived in nature, which adds to their interest and impact.

I've been sharing stories in my classroom, and there have been lots of commemorations. Would have been good to attend the special service that took place in Ely Cathedral.


My wife and daughter were in Exeter this weekend, and were able to see the 19240 Shrouds artwork that was in the news that evening.

Also check out a really excellent CASCADE STORYMAP.

We will remember them....

Comments