Over 7500 posts

Since I started this blog (when I heard the news that I would be working for the Geographical Association, back in May 2008), I've posted regularly apart from annual Christmas breaks...

Earlier this weekend, I posted my 7500th addition to the blog, which has millions of words, thousands of images, video links, resources, book reviews, lesson ideas and cross posts from the many other blogs that I also run (some of which also have thousands of posts).

Twitter is sometimes described as a 'micro-blogging site' from the perspective that it allows users to 'publish' their thoughts.
I remember the excitement back in 2004ish when I first started blogging, and leading some training for teachers in how to set up their own blog.
I think for me blogging is my 'addiction'. Where others might get excitement from a flutter at the bookies, I still get excited when an interesting geographical story comes in front of me via whatever means, and I can't wait to shape it into a post, with a suitable image and get it up online, so that it forms part of the body of work that blogs can develop into...
They are also very useful when planning to teach new topics: a quick search will throw up plenty of ideas and weblinks which were previously posted.
 
Image: Alan Parkinson

Comments

Matt Podbury said…
Congratulations on the superb landmark. Looking forward to the next 7500!

Matt
Matt Podbury said…
Congratulations on the superb landmark. Looking forward to the next 7500!

Matt