Swift BaseCamp

I've got a mixed relationship with caravans. I don't like them when they're delaying my journey, but have some fond memories of staying in them on family holidays as a boy, in Skegness.
I was reading the blog of the Meek family which is called Do try this at home. They were part of the team of OS GetOutside Champions for 2017. They are also fans of our Mission:Explore books.

They mentioned that they have used a Swift BaseCamp as their home, and I had a look and was really intrigued and excited by the possibilities. Great compact space with double bed, shower, cooking facilities and a nice big window at the end...

Swift's BaseCamp is a sort of hybrid caravan.
I'd really like to have a go at staying in one of these, and back in the day when I was single and had no children, this would definitely be a shortish term housing option too....

I quite fancy getting away for the weekend in one... although I'd have to get a decent car first as well...

Comments