This may be of interest to those Geographers in the area... I've spoken at a previous event here.
Geography Cluster Group for Teachers of Geography
at Oakham Thursday 14thJune 2018
Free CPD for Geography Teachers
- To look at teaching styles, resources and content to allow the transition from Prep School Geography to Senior School Geography to be a positive and enjoyable experience.
- To allow an exchange of ideas by the delegates on resources, teaching ideas and methods that allow them to give prep schools children to both enjoy their geography experience and become confident geographers.
12.30 pm: Arrive for lunch
1.30pm: Paul Baker: (IAPS Geography Adviser)
‘Prep School Geography of the future:
1.the Anthropocene and approaches for teaching in Prep schools
2. Introducing Synoptic Skills
This is not about exams but about content, skills and teaching with some modern thoughts on the Anthropocene and using Synoptic skills
3.00 pm Teach Meet (Chaired by Howard Collison)
After a few words from Howard on Oakham Geography
- All delegates are asked to come prepared to exchange ideas and resources they find useful. This 75 minutes will allow all to learn from each other, get ideas about resources, good web sites.
- Questions and Answers about the different resources that are used to allow us to provide the geography required.
- Depending on number of delegates this may be in one or two groups so allowing good exchange of ideas and resources. All delegates are asked to come prepared to share teaching ideas.
4.15 pm Depart
Applications for place to Howard Collison at the school, or Paul Baker.
Message me and I can provide an e-mail contact if you're interested.