CoastXplore


A new app which I've downloaded to explore for the days when I head to the coast over the summer.

Follow the associated Twitter feed too, which has more information on the development of the app and the way that it can be helpful for your teaching of coastal regions perhaps.

Visit the coast, and open the app and you will be prompted to add your location, and an image. You can then fill in a questionnaire on how people around you are using the coastline, and the immediate offshore waters. What are they doing, and how many people are involved in each of the activities?

I used it yesterday in West Bay in Dorset, and found it very easy to use.

This is another opportunity to participate in some Citizen science work, and I always try to do that if I possibly can, and involve students as well.

Comments