New artist Stamp set

I've featured many Royal Mail stamp releases here in the past. I've used them as a context for learning and also included them in my toolkit book 'Look at it this Way' as an activity for exploring the UK's landscape in the future. There are quite a few previous blog posts here on previous stamp issues.
One of the latest Royal Mail stamp sets is based on British artists. Grayson Perry is featured, and there are also a few landscapes.
I particularly like Norman Ackroyd's stamp, which is in his usual style. I've enjoyed his work for many years.
The design chosen for the stamp shows one of the stacks at St. Kilda.
This archipelago, which has been on my bucket list to visit for many years, was also the setting for the latest book by Geraldine McCaughrean : "Where the World Ends", which won the Carnegie Medal a few weeks ago. I have blogged about this book previously too. It's an excellent YA read, and makes a change from David Walliams.

Comments