Detectorists at the RGS-IBG

Regular readers will know that I am tremendously fond of 'Detectorists', Mackenzie Crook's comedy-drama (although it's actually a little genre-busting)
I'm excited to have remotely followed a session that was run at the Royal Geographical Society's Annual Conference a few weeks ago.
When Jo Norcup first announced that there would be this strand, I started writing a contribution, and did some research for the paper I might present (although I'm far from being an academic geographer) which focussed on the way that TV programmes such as the Detectorists can then lead on to tourism, and the impacts of that on the place.
Then I looked at the dates, and it clashed with the return to school for the new year, so I was unable to go along sadly.
You can see the details of the session here, and hopefully some audio or video from the sessions is going to be released in time.
It ended with a talk from Adam Tandy, who produced the series, along with other shows such as 'The Thick of It' and 'League of Gentlemen' - quite a coup.

Comments