The use of Computers in the teaching of Geography

I've used this document in a few recent events, when I've been talking about technology in the Geography classroom. I wrote it as an assessment piece as part of my PGCE at the University of Hull 1986-7. There are large sections which are still relevant today, or which are a reminder of some of the 'dead ends' or challenges that still face those using technology in teaching.
Here's a slide clipped from the presentation I use, showing some of my own technology journey:


Please note that the original version had diagrams pritt-sticked onto it - this was the days before DTP was well established and available and I could only draw using standard characters. Those diagrams aren't available any more, but some could probably be located, along with some of the documents in the references.

Comments