The Great North Wood

As I've always said, I should stay of Twitter not because it's bad for my concentration or work, but because it's bad for my wallet.
Darran Anderson put me on to this graphic novel, which tells the story of the history of The Great North Wood, which is a story of change and psychogeography, as the wood becomes the London suburbs.
It's created by Tim Bird.
Twitter here.
Website here.

Other people have also explored this area.

Here's the original Tweet that sent me to the book shop...

I'm also keen to track down copies of the sequence called 'Grey Area'.



P.S
When taking a look at some past media on Tweets to find out a little more, I came across an illustration which I recognised as the village of Wickersley near Rotherham where I grew up, and it looks like that will be included in Tim's next comic, which I shall keep an eye out for...

Comments