GA Conference 2019 - Post #9 - Wed pm

The afternoon started with Richard Allaway's session on Drones (see previous blogpost for more details)
I had a chance to chat to the Director of the RGS-IBG Joe Smith, who I hope to be working with a little more closely during my time on the Presidential journey. He was doing a lecture called 'Citizen Geography'.

My next place to be was with some SPC colleagues to do a workshop on Celebrating Geography with your SLT.



I teamed up with Kathryn Stephenson, Emma Johns, Claire Harrington and Judy Gleen to lead this session, and included an input on Twitter use in the Department.
We didn't have a very large turn out, but a good group of teachers who engaged nicely with the activities that we had put together, and took plenty away with them. The resources will be available to download shortly from the GA website.

This was followed by some more networking, with some former colleagues, and talk about some future opportunities, before my TUI Lecture plus to end the day.
See the next blog post for that.

At the end of the day, it was over to the Teachmeet. See separate blog post.

Comments