Christmas TV 1: His Dark Materials

Over the Christmas period, we reached the end of the BBC's adaptation of the first book of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials, interwoven with some bits from 'The Subtle Knife'. It was awesome, and Ruth Wilson was incredible and stole every scene.
Back in 1995, I bought my copy of 'Northern Lights' in paperback.
It had a design on the front which I now know to be an alethiometer and drew me in instantly.
The next 2 books were bought in hardback as they were published, and became one of my favourite imagined landscapes and milieu. Noel Jenkins used them to teach about Svalbard and Google Earth in creative ways.
I haven't had the chance to read the latest two books in the new trilogy yet, and will probably leave them for a while until they are all out and then read them in one go.

Related image
I understand the 2nd series has already been filmed... can't wait to see it.

Comments