GA Presidents - a history of school geography


As we'll be staying in for the next month and more, this is the ideal chance to catch up with the backlog of posts on the GA Presidents blog. 


It is based on a number of sources, including the Centenary history of Balchin, and Rex Walford's book on school geography, along with a whole shelf of books I've assembled, over 100 years of Journal articles and annual reports and Presidential addresses, the memories of the former Presidents - I've contacted them all who are contactable, Charney conference papers, conversations and other bits from the archive.


The blog is posting a biography of a President about every 10 days, interspersed with details of GA work and people over the years.

I launched it in April 2019 at the GA Conference when my Junior Vice Presidency was announced, and I am currently up to 1960. It is timed to end in September 2021, when the focus will change to my own Presidential year.

Comments