Slow Ways - a chance to get involved

National Geographic Explorer Daniel Raven-Ellison spearheaded the initiative to make London a National Park City. Now ...

Delighted to have been one of the people to kick-start Daniel Raven Ellison's project, which aims to create a network of walking routes linking all the major towns in the UK. They are meant to use existing paths and be off road unless it is impossible to avoid. Dan has put together an excellent workflow for the creation of the maps using Google and OS Maps and various spreadsheets to coordinate everything.
I had great fun creating some routes in my own home area of Norfolk and down into Cambridgeshire around Ely where I work, and found it an interesting challenge to connect up some paths I knew with others that I didn't.

Go to Dan's website to find out more about the process.

Now featured on the National Geographic webpage.

Comments