The delayed Euro2020 football tournament starts tonight.
My wallchart is on the classroom wall, and the sweepstake has been drawn (I have Sweden).
The list is here:
- Wembley Stadium - London, England
- Allianz Arena - Munich, Germany
- Stadio Olimpico - Rome, Italy
- Olympic Stadium - Baku, Azerbaijan
- Krestovsky Stadium - Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Arena Nationala - Bucharest, Romania
- Johan Cruyff Arena - Amsterdam, Holland
- Estadio de la Cartuja - Sevilla, Spain
- Puskas Arena - Budapest, Hungary
- Hampden Park - Glasgow, Scotland
- Parken Stadium - Copenhagen, Denmark
I shall be using this as an opportunity to research these cities and uncover some of their secrets, and develop an itinerary for visitors which includes elements of geography and history.
Thanks to Brendan Conway for sending the link to this ArcGIS Webmap: