The latest in a series of posts showcasing sessions which are included in the programme for the GA Conference in April 2022.
At the GA Conference TeachMeet 2020 Richard Allaway shared a session on his love of street photography, and the use of images in the classroom.
Richard is the creator of the very popular website 'Geography all the Way'.
He has been a regular contributor to GA Conferences for some years as well as being involved in streaming the GA Conference Teachmeets, which have taken place in various venues, and also helping with the organisation of the Beermeets.
He has also worked with Matt Podbury to support teachers of IB Geography, leading CPD in this area, and also worked with Discover the World Education.
Session description:
The stories professional and amateur photographers tell are part of our everyday geographies.
Building upon a session at the 2020 Conference Teachmeet, this session offers an exploration of how
the work of contemporary photographers influences our perceptions of people and place. Developing
the critical thinking skills necessary to integrate photos and social media posts used in lessons will be
discussed.
Richard Allaway
Geographer at geographyalltheway.com
I am looking forward to this session, and it would be good to see more images shared of the conference as a whole.
Check the PROJECTS tab on the left to be taken through to other of Richard's projects and also webinars that he organised during the lockdown.
Some readers may know that I have been sharing my images on Flickr since September 2007.
There are now over 33 000 images, CC licensed, which have had over 800 000 views.
I can't say they're of the same standard as some of the people I follow on Instagram however. There are some excellent photographers out there.
Can I also mention Ian Ward here, who takes remarkable pictures of Norfolk, along with Gary Pearson.
Image: McDonalds food in Dubai - copyright Richard Allaway
Comments