Standing at the Sky's Edge

While in Sheffield, I saw a poster for a play which has recently started at the Crucible Theatre.

It's called Standing at the Sky's Edge.

It's set at the Park Hill flats, which have towered over the city for decades, and which I have been 

Music and lyrics are by Richard Hawley.

The set features a recreation of the famous graffiti which I referenced in my Teachmeet at the 125th anniversary Conference in Sheffield.


You can watch a repeat here.

I'm on from around 1 hour and 8 minutes in...

Thanks to Richard Allaway for the recording.

When I was younger, I was a regular attendee at the Crucible Theatre and have seen lots of plays there, plus of course the World Snooker Championships are held there - I remember some classic years, including the Davis-Spencer final til the early hours, and a few with Alex Higgins - one of which was disrupted by coverage of the Embassy siege close to the RGS. One particular highlight was the Howard Barker play 'Victory' performed by the Wrestling School in the Crucible Studio - powerful and memorable even thirty years later...

Comments