Climate Change Reality Checks

I'm currently working on my presentation for the GA Conference 2023 in Sheffield - tickets are still available.

I am going to be talking about graphic novels and their use in the classroom, to connect with research carried out by Dr. Gemma Sou.

This New Zealand animated comic explores the reality check that the recent cyclone in New Zealand have given to many. Cyclone Gabrielle affected the North Island, and caused huge accumulation of silt in some areas, which my friend sent me images of.

Check it out here and scroll down to see the story.

Several of my very closest friends emigrated to New Zealand over ten years ago, and it is still my intention to visit, probably on the occasion of my retirement.

On a day when we had the starkest warning yet on Climate Change, this remains an important element for young people to engage with.

Comments