Fieldnotes from Iceland

Given the number of visitors to my specific Iceland blog, I'm not sure many people are aware of its existence, so this post is just to flag up its existence again, and say that if you are interested in the country and its geography: culture, landscape, settlements, history, mythology, field or music there will be something here for you

I started it back on January 1st 2020, and it was originally a 365 project with blog posts each day for a year, including some visits to Iceland that year, which were all cancelled for obvious reasons. I finally made it back again in October 2022 and am now due to head back there in April - three years after the original visits were planned that inspired the blog, working with Rayburn Tours.

There are now 480 posts, all searchable.

I will also be placing some of the field notes and images from future trips to help with case studies which focus on Iceland.



Comments