12 000 posts on LivingGeography


I started this LivingGeography blog back in May 2008, just ahead of the official announcement that I would be leaving my teaching job in King's Lynn and joining the Geographical Association as their Secondary Curriculum Leader as part of the Action Plan for Geography (2006-11) team.

I've had quite a few adventures in the fifteen years since then. I've worked for a huge range of organisations as a writer and consultant, and have also been employed by the Open University for 18 months. Books have been written, hundreds of CPD sessions have been led, and I've worked across Europe on ERASMUS+ funded projects. For the last 10 years, alongside my consultancy and writing I've also worked at King's Ely.

This blog has had over 6.4 million page views, which is an amazing number. 

This month alone I've had 75 000 visitors to LivingGeography and well over 100 000 across my blogs. 

I've been busy creating other blogs at the same time, including my GeoLibrary and Iceland Field Notes blogs. I also wrote a blog to share a biography of every GA President (along with some historical information about the Geographical Association).

I've started work on a GCSE Natural History blog, which will support teachers for the new specification when it is finally launched and available (there have been some delays since the original announcement). Thanks to everyone who has visited the blogs over the years, added comments or used my work with suitable attribution.

This is the 12 000th post on the blog, a real milestone I think. I honestly can't think of another educational blog on any subject which has so many posts and has captured so much of the development of the subject, pedagogy, curriculum, resources, news stories and the wider development of the subject in schools at all levels.



Comments