Pier to Peer fundraiser

If you had the capacity to donate to this fund raiser it would be appreciated.

My friend, and top geographer David Rogers is spending December running 13.5 miles a day on Worthing Pier. He will be accompanied for some of it by Dwynwen. She is on the right in the picture below...

This is to raise money for suicide awareness, in association with CALM.

His fund raising page is here.

You can follow David's progress through the month on his social media feeds. He says:

I've set a target of £1,000 so that could be two proessionals trained up; 125 potentially lifesaving calls or just under 10 volunteers.

December is a bleak month. 125 people commit suicide each week in the UK. That's around 18 each and every day. 13.5 of these are men. In December I aim to run at least 13.5 miles each day. I plan to mainly run laps of Worthing Pier, so around 34 laps each day, every day.


People are welcome to join me, to either bring along a mince pie, run with me or have a conversation.

Event logistics:

// You can view when I plan to run using this Google Cal

// The main route is this 0.4mile loop of Worthing Pier

Comments