Notes from a PGCE #8: Colin Brock

The eighth in a series of posts which may be of interest to those who are completing their PGCE this year (or completed it in other years). This is a cross posting from my GA Presidents Blog.

We had occasional visitors to the bungalow during the PGCE course.

Colin Brock came to speak to us about the "international dimension" of geography and geography teaching, which I guess back then was an attempt to make us consider how we taught about unfamiliar parts of the world. In the days before the internet.

Even textbooks had few colour images. I remember John Lyon I think talking about how he used the front cover picture of a textbook when he was first teaching as that was the only one printed in colour.

I tried to find out a little more about him, but discovered he sadly passed away in 2016. He was clearly an expert in the field of multicultural and development education.



I'd love to see other people sharing some highlights from their own PGCE courses - whether they were last year or even earlier than mine. 

Comments