Snake Pass 'threatened with closure'

I have a long-standing relationship with this road.  


As with the A1, which I mentioned in a recent post, with respect to a forthcoming book by Rob Cowen, it's a road I've driven a lot for around 40 years...

It's one route which I took to and from Manchester over the years. As a family we also visited the Peak District frequently when I was younger. It's also a route back (or to) Ladybower and Howden reservoirs and over to Bamford and Castleton. I've driven it hundreds of times in all weathers. It's quite a dangerous road.

My friends Ruth and John live on the road too.

Back in 1984 and 1985 I completed the fieldwork for my undergraduate dissertation along the rivers in the area including the Alport.


There is a concern that the road may be affected by landslides which may ultimately (apparently) lead to its closure.

The answer to the question posed in the headline at the start of the post is very likely to be no... it's too important a road to be closed.

Image: Alan Parkinson

Comments