Could we be heading back to ERASMUS?

A Financial Times article via BlueSky suggests the UK is advertising a contract to run the ERASMUS scheme again - with a small budget but at least it's ERASMUS and not Turing.

This follows on from other agreements over closer EU cooperation.

I took part in ERASMUS+ projects for over 12 years and took a huge amount away from them personally and professionally. The funding allowed me to step away from the classroom for a few days, but also to take my students to work with students from other European countries. I worked with lots of colleagues from the EU who became friends, and projects led to other projects and of course the travel and experiencing cities across Europe which I got to know really well.

This would be a really positive step, and we need some positive news stories right now....


Comments