PTI Geography Symposium #2: Morning of Day 1

My journey started with a lift to Downham Market. 

My train was thankfully on time, and I had a hot tube journey out to South Kensington then headed to the RGS just as the event was starting and picked up a programme.

Cat Scutt – CEO of the PTI (formerly the Prince’s Teaching Institute, now the Professional Teaching Institute).  welcomed delegates and outlined the key themes and intentions for the next couple of days

Steve Brace and Becky Kitchen were first up to provide a session which looked at the current state of the discipline and some of the forthcoming changes that will take place in school geography, and affect all teachers.

After a coffee break - and also a break from the very hot room - the Education / Summit room at the RGS faces south and often gets rather hot, I was up next, with my session on 'Harnessing the Power of  Everyday Geographies:.

John Wilkinson - one of the organisers of the event - had taken inspiration from my GA Presidential lecture for the Everyday Geographies strand of the Symposium.

For the benefit of the delegates, I had written a book - as one does...
You can take a look at it here... but the session will remain for the delegates to enjoy...

Everyday Curriculum Making by Alan Parkinson


It was a HOT session, but I had some nice comments afterwards...

It was then into lunch where I had the chance to speak to delegates and rehydrate after a 'hydration break' in proceedings...

Comments