The Centre for Computing History has a new project. It is based in Cambridge.
It's a project I have a good connection with.
I remember the original BBC Domesday project very clearly and have blogged about it before.
We had them in my department at school. I also contributed an entry for the Reloaded project.
The Centre preserves two of the UK's few fully working BBC Domesday Systems and, for the 40th anniversary, they are inviting contributors to reconnect with the articles, photographs, surveys and local histories they helped create in 1985 and 1986.I blogged about their launch in 1986 and links with Margaret Roberts here.
I've still got a copy of the Community Discs and EcoDiscs.....
Image: Alan Parkinson- The centre are also collecting memories of taking part in the project, developing a new exhibition and planning a special anniversary celebration on 19 September 2026.
They would love to hear from:
- People who contributed information
- Teachers who organised local projects
- Anyone who still has photographs, notes, worksheets or BBC Domesday materials
- People who can locate their contributions.


Comments