The art of getting lost...

"You're lost without geography" the classroom display label says....

Today I deliberately went left instead of right after dropping the kids off at school. 

The title of this post is also a good book by Rebecca Solnit. One newspaper report on this book includes the following interesting quote:

Not long ago in the Adirondacks on the summit of Mount Marcy, New York's  highest mountain, a wilderness ranger was taken aback when a hiker whipped out a cellular phone to call his office more than 300 miles away in Manhattan and report: "I'm not feeling well. I can't make it in to work today."

Is it possible to get lost with today's available technology ?

It was a very frosty morning today, so I took my camera with me on the school run, and decided to take a different route home than the one I use 99% of the time. I took some pictures on the way home, and a few are added below: more for you to use on my FLICKR page.

Try it today - take a different route home and take 3 images of things that you've never noticed before. See the new in the familiar...

I also noticed just now that yesterday was the first day that I hadn't made a blog post since the 1st of September: shows how tied up I was in sorting through various writing projects which are due to be completed before Christmas...

Comments