"Here is the news from Lake Wobegon, my home town..."

With these words, Garrison Keillor introduces a particular segment of his radio show...

I've been drifting off to sleep for the last few weeks catching up with the archive of these shows on my WunderRadio app from the weekly Prairie Home Companion radio show of Garrison Keillor

They are the weekly updates of the news from the fictional Minnesota town which Keillor created, and has sustained for years. Lake Wobegon Days is a comedy classic from over 25 years ago.

It was also a book that I thought of when I was asked last week for my favourite books on a geographical theme for a forthcoming feature in 'Geographical' magazine.

Also developing a possible activity based around the book for the SAGT conference later in the year, when I am doing a session on literacy in geography

Comments