#memoriesof76

1976 was the year of the great British drought. I have already blogged about this before, but that was in June and now I'm blogging about it in February !

It comes against the backdrop of my forthcoming trip to Switzerland to run workshops on water scarcity, and the announcement earlier this week that the area officially in drought was extended beyond the existing areas, which had included West Norfolk to cover a lot of the SE. I remember teaching about the need for infrastructure and a national water grid probably twenty years ago, but the logistics and expense would of course be fairly substantial.

Thanks to various tweets and links I came across some good resources:

A clip from MACE: the media archive for Central England
Clip with standpipes and other resources - good 70s fashions

A useful clip from the Guardian Archive report

What are your memories of 1976 ? Please add them here...

Comments