Debates in Geography Education

Author copies of the Routledge book that I contributed a chapter to arrived earlier this week.
This is an academic book (I have mentioned the contents before) and was edited by David Lambert and Mark Jones.
My chapter is on the theme of how technology is used in the classroom, and impacts on the subject and how it is taught.
I'm really pleased with the way that it has turned out, and am proud to have been involved with such an excellent book.

I read Mary Biddulph's chapter on 'Where is the Curriculum created ?' yesterday and it's a cracker. It could be the basis for a really good discussion with colleagues - something I intend to do at UEA next Monday as it happens.

Thanks also to Alan Kinder for a mention of the Geography Collective's Mission:Explore as "an innovative and even daring range of [ethnographic] approaches... [to fieldwork]"

The book will be 'launched' at the Geography Teacher Educators' conference in Hull in a few weeks time. I shall be there, along with many of the other chapter authors.

A copy of this should be in your department's professional library, and if you don't have one, then start one.






Comments