Huddersfield and Psychogeography

I studied for my degree at Huddersfield Polytechnic, preferring the course and location to Lancaster University, which also very kindly offered me a place to read geography. This was in the early 1980s, which now feel like a vey different country looking back…
This week, Huddersfield was the centre of a very different geography event with the 4th World Congress of Psychogeography.

Our work with Mission:Explore has been on the fringes of psychogeography, and I remember chatting with folks about it in our tent at Glastonbury too.
I was also invited by Tina Richardson @concretepost to come and speak to the Leeds Psychogeography Group a few years ago. 

Good to see that Tina's work is still going well. I would like to have been at some of the talks here, particular Travis Elborough in Greenhead Park, a place I remember well...

Comments