Bravo to OB

I've known Ollie Bray since 2005, when I was introduced to him at the Scottish Association of Geography Teachers conference in Dundee. He was presenting on technology in Geography. Our paths crossed semi-regularly since then: at BETT shows, Teachmeets, the wonderful Islay 20:20 event, and Scottish Learning Festival. I've used his resources many times in my teaching, especially his Flood Hydrographs presentation, and some of his 'on a wonk with drop shadow' images.
For the last five years, he has been headteacher at Kingussie High School, and also completed a number of epic cycling journeys as well as working with Microsoft and the Scottish Government.

I was delighted to hear that he has been appointed as Lego's Global Director of Play.
This Guardian piece from yesterday has more details.

As Ollie says in the article:

"Learning through play is widely accepted in the early years and my job will be to find ways of extending it by incorporating it into the curriculum for older children...The curriculum has to be relevant to the students’ lives.."

I'm all ready to help with that mission, and best of luck to OB in his new role when it begins...

Comments