I want to GetOutside like Common People

Tomorrow is the Ordnance Survey GetOutside Day and I am going to get outside - of course.

Some of my fellow Champions are leading walks and helping out with other events as well around the country.
I have decided to try to visit as many of the Commons in Norfolk as I can within the day, and walk around or across them. Some are quite small, and others are larger. I shall start with the one in my village, and then plot a course around Breckland and see where I end up... Follow the progress on my Twitter feed tomorrow. I shall be using the OS Maps app to help locate and plot a route between them.

This is to tie in with the end of Norfolk Commons Week.
This is organised by the Norfolk Wildlife Trust, of which I am a member and have supported their work for many years.



Back in the day, I used to teach about common lands, and the rights of commoners, to include pannage and turbary. This was part of the 'A' level Geography spec at the time.

Comments