GA Conference 2019 - Post #13 - Better World Detectives

One of my main inputs into the conference was a lecture with the TUI folk, with whom I helped create the updated Better World Detectives resources over the last year or so. The lecture was sponsored by TUI.

Lecture Plus 7 KS2–3
Celebrating sustainable tourism: Key facts, new developments and case studies

Ian Corbett, TUI Sustainability
Alan Parkinson, RGS Fellow, Chartered Geographer, Primary Geography Champion and Head of Geography at King’s Ely School
Madeleine Duggan, TUI Better World Detectives Project Manager
Chair: Rebecca Kitchen, GA CPD, Curriculum and Marketing Manager

The presentation that we used is available to download from the GA website. It comes highly recommended as it has some great visuals.



A video was made during filming of the session, which I will post here when it comes through to me from Maddie, who did the filming.

I recommend you take a look at the resources that have been created - download them from here.
- Primary Resources
- Secondary Resources - these are now available for KS3 (and shortly for KS4 too)

It's also not too late to register for the Mexico Competition which I mentioned at the end of the session.
More details here on a previous blog post.

We have had a great response so far to this, but there is still time for you to download our resource, teach it, and then develop your own activity to share with colleagues in Mexico.

Register by the end of the month.

Comments