GeographyPages Nuggets #3 - Minigeogs

I've been revisiting the GeographyPages website which I created almost 20 years ago and identifying a few nuggets of interest. This one might be good for Lockdown Learning.

I visited the GeographyPages site I started in 2001 via the Wayback Machine to try to find some pictures of the reunion. I was reminded of something I made and shared 15 years ago....

MiniGeogs was one of my favourite projects that I thought of when building the GeographyPages website. It was created back in 2005, with the help of FatMax
Tony Cassidy used to use it as a revision activity.
Go HERE to download the XLS file that you'll need to create your MiniGeog.
You'll need to enable the macro that it contains to do the painting by numbers magic.

This will allow you to create a mini-pixellated image in a 10x10 grid - a little creative challenge for you and your students...
It was based on Craig Robinson's MINI POPS which were featured on his website here, and also appeared in a series of books that he created back in the day.

Here's the instruction sheet to go with it. The link on this page may not work, so use the link in the blogpost to get the file.
 
 Why not have a go at making:
 - a mini landscape
- a physical or human feature
- a map symbol
- the outline of a country
- a local landmark
 

Comments