Seneca Geography Book of the Year Award

ImageI was pleased to have been asked a while back to be on the judging panel for the first Seneca Geography Book of the Year Award.

We had 5 books to consider, which came from the panels' own recommendations and thoughts.

I had my own favourite, and we were asked to rate the books on a number of criteria, including accessibility for students and also connections to curriculum thinking.

The overall winner after our discussions and voting may seem an obvious one, and you could perhaps have worked it out before hearing the result, but it was a well deserved winner when the criteria were taken into consideration.
It was also good to read two books which I wouldn't have previously chosen to as part of the process.

Thanks to my fellow judges: Catherine Owen, Paul Logue, Michael Chiles and Kate Stockings, and to Stephen Wilks for getting me involved.
My personal favourite will feature in a future blog post.
The winner was announced last night....

And the winner is:
Prisoners of Geography

Comments