The 3 Cs

When I was in Primary school, I used to go with my dad to see Leeds United play at Elland Road in the early 1970s, during the classic era of Don Revie.
I saw the classic team of the time: Harvey, Bremner, Giles, Gray(s), Hunter, Lorimer, Charlton, Clarke, Cooper and all the rest... followed by the short reign of Brian Clough and have since followed their ups and downs... 
I had the Leeds kit, complete with sock tags.


Don Revie apparently had three Cs that he drilled into his players:

“Concentration in everything you do. Confidence in your ability. And, most importantly of all, the courage to carry it out on a football field.”

Change the location from the football field to the classroom and we shall need a little bit of all three of those as we go into the summer when we can decompress for a while, and prepare ourselves mentally,  physically, practically and logistically (and also emotionally) for the start of what will be an unusual 20-21 in the same way as 19-20 ended so unusually.

Leeds were promoted following their victory on Friday, and following Huddersfield's victory over West Brom and Brentford's loss they are now CHAMPIONS as well. Premiership football next year.

I've shifted and reposted this as I came across another, quite different 3 Cs image yesterday.
It's from WHO.



Sounds like a classroom to me...

Comments