Geography needs good neighbours

Cross post from my GA Presidents' blog project.

Karl Kennedy from 'Neighbours' was in the same hotel as the GA crew when we went to Wrexham in 2009 to take delegates through the 'Living Geography' series of events that took us around the country. Ruth Totterdell, Jeff Stanfield, Justin Woolliscroft and myself were presenting, and Lucy Oxley was there to welcome the delegates. 

There's a signed copy of the GA's manifesto for geography: "a different view" knocking around somewhere...

I've previously mentioned how John Craven was involved with a previous Worldwise Quiz.

Any other celebrity endorsements and links with the GA that anyone can remember from other events? 

I remember a (non-GA) event when Bill Oddie apparently ended up going on about how he hated the subject at school or some such... I asked on social media and heard from several people who were at the event and told me some more about it....

Image: Ruth and Lucy with Alan Fletcher

And now for the spooky coincidence...

Alan Fletcher was one of the Celebrity supply teachers for the BBC last year - came across this just now.


Comments