Storm Eunice

It's been a while since we had a storm which is as potentially damaging as Storm Eunice which will arrive from tomorrow morning.


I've been following its development through this week.

Eunice may develop a feature called a sting jet.

I'm old enough to remember the famous storm of 1987 with Michael Fish's infamous 'hurricane' forecast.

I'm evaluating my travel plans which were originally to head to Oxfordshire for the first day of the Charney Manor Geography conference. I'm not sure I'll be travelling on Friday sadly.

Image: The Weather Outlook: https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/uk-weather/6088/storm-eunice-set-to-be-high-impact 

Some companies and other groups are already advising people of the disruption and not to travel or visit certain locations. Here are a few examples:

Now is the time to collect items like this if you think that you may use Eunice as an example of the impacts of extreme weather in the UK. There are some blizzards forecase for the hills of Northern England, of example.

It also coincides with spring tides which mean potential for flooding, particularly on the River Severn.

Take care out there.

Comments