Paris IGU Planning #1 - Psychogeography in Paris on the 91/92

I'm going to be going to the IGU in Paris in July to present on the GA's National Curriculum Framework for School Geography, which is taking shape under the lead of Eleanor Rawling.
This is the first of a series of posts related to my preparations which include the event itself and all the other social and cultural angles around it, plus my own exploration of the city.

Lauren Elkin
is the author of 'Flaneuse', exploring women walking in the city. This idea of dérive is an element of psychogeography. Paris is very much connected with the situationist movement and the work of Guy Debord and others.

I shall be sure to make a pilgrimage to the Place de Saint-Sulpice, where Georges Perec sat for three days to write his 'Attempt at exhausting a place in Paris'.

Lauren has put together a lovely small volume on her commute through Paris on the 91/92 bus route.

I may well try to take that bus route as well.

Much more to come on this, as I also get ready to present on the GA's National Curriculum Framework. More on that to come as well.

Comments